Saturday, March 12, 2011

Family

Family is a funny thing.  I think most would agree.  Everyone has one (willing or not) and everyone's is different.  Why is it that it is so easy to point out and remember all of the negative things from our families?  As I have been on this rollercoaster that is motherhood there are times that I forget about my family.  I forget about how hard it was for my mom when we were little, or about how devoted my dad was.  I forget about the all night atari sessions with my brother and the sound of my moms voice as we were sledding by the house at 2 in the morning...  I forget about the weekend at Western with my sister in law when she got carded for the rated R movie and I didn't.  I forget about the tears I shed when I saw my amazing neice for the first time in the airport, and the other right after she was born.  I forget about the sacrifice my mother in law makes babysitting so often for us.  I forget that my little spunky neice Sadie always gives the best hugs and Tyler the best high fives and how very blue Aurora's eyes are.   Too often I forget about my cousins that live so far away and how much fun we had when they didn't.  I forget how much time my aunt Cindy spent with us when we were little.  All the trips she took us on, nights she had us stay over.  I forget that not only are they my family but I am theirs..  Here's to trying not to get so wrapped up in myself and to remembering that family has always been there and always will.  To trying to forget the things about family that can get in the way and trying to remember underneath it all we are in this together.

1 comment:

  1. okay, I cried....
    the cake... it's beautiful.
    Heartfelt words taken to my heart. They were beautiful. Love you, tara

    ReplyDelete